Welcome to Life in 361˚. This blog is an 'open journal' - a space where I keep notes on bits & pieces I come across day-to-day - including books and articles I've read that I feel are worth sharing, interesting pictures and photos (I'm a visual learner, you see), random musings - and anything else that happens to catch my eye or ear. It also acts as a kind of 'open experiment' in terms of developing my views and writing skills - and networking with other people of a like-mind.

If you've stumbled upon here randomly, then I suggest you check out my biography and other pages.

Please Note: This site, and the social networking profile pages connected with it, reflect my personal interests & views which do not necessarily represent those of organisations I am affiliated / associated with.

23/09/2012

Universal Priesthood

This morning I visited a local Quaker meeting, in Cheadle Hulme, and was warmly welcomed there. I explained I felt like I was responding to their 'invite', as they had very recently sent me a calendar of events in a re-used envelope. I had a strong urge to read Romans 12:2 during the meeting, but didn't find the courage to pick the Bible up from the central table. During tea & coffee afterwards, a Quaker elder approached me to say I was more than welcome to 'give ministry', "be it first time, fiftieth time or endth time." There's something quite radical in this, when you think about it, as in most churches you will have needed years of training or to at least be in with the church hierarchy / dominant clique to be permitted, and encouraged, to take to the pulpit.

No comments: