Welcome to Life in 361˚. This blog is an 'open journal' - a space where I keep notes on bits & pieces I come across day-to-day - including books and articles I've read that I feel are worth sharing, interesting pictures and photos (I'm a visual learner, you see), random musings - and anything else that happens to catch my eye or ear. It also acts as a kind of 'open experiment' in terms of developing my views and writing skills - and networking with other people of a like-mind.

If you've stumbled upon here randomly, then I suggest you check out my biography and other pages.

Please Note: This site, and the social networking profile pages connected with it, reflect my personal interests & views which do not necessarily represent those of organisations I am affiliated / associated with.

14/09/2012

Time for a go-slow

It's my second week back at work and I already feel exhausted and ridden with tension, a result of 10-hour working days - without breaks - as I try to tick everything off on the to-do lists. Having arrived home this evening, and slumped in muddled state on the sofa, the book 'In Praise of Slow' suddenly came to mind - I saw it a few years ago, read the blurb, but didn't buy it. Anyway, I've just done a quick search and found this quote:

"The only thing for certain is that everything changes. The rate of change increases. If you want to hang on you better speed up. That is the message of today. 

It could however be useful to remind everyone that our basic needs never change. The need to be seen and appreciated! It is the need to belong. The need for nearness and care, and for a little love! This is given only through slowness in human relations. In order to master changes, we have to recover slowness, reflection and togetherness. There we will find real renewal."

Here's to a weekend of slow...

No comments: