Welcome to Life in 361˚. This blog is an 'open journal' - a space where I keep notes on bits & pieces I come across day-to-day - including books and articles I've read that I feel are worth sharing, interesting pictures and photos (I'm a visual learner, you see), random musings - and anything else that happens to catch my eye or ear. It also acts as a kind of 'open experiment' in terms of developing my views and writing skills - and networking with other people of a like-mind.

If you've stumbled upon here randomly, then I suggest you check out my biography and other pages.

Please Note: This site, and the social networking profile pages connected with it, reflect my personal interests & views which do not necessarily represent those of organisations I am affiliated / associated with.

18/02/2012

Sweet-tasting humble pie

After a week of hard work, culminating in some success yesterday, I find truth in the following reflection:

Shout for joy to the Spirit, all the earth.
Worship the Spirit with gladness;
come with joyful songs.
Know that the Spirit is God.
who made us, to whom we belong;
we are people of the Spirit, like sheep of the pasture.
Enter the gates with thanksgiving, give praise.
For the Spirit is good, an enduring love;
continuing through all generations.
- based on Psalm 100:1-5

Just as in moments of hardship when we ask for God's hand, we must recognise the Spirit at work during moments of happiness and contentment. In doing so we maintain humility - and remain open to further nourishment - like sheep of the pasture.

No comments: