Welcome to Life in 361˚. This blog is an 'open journal' - a space where I keep notes on bits & pieces I come across day-to-day - including books and articles I've read that I feel are worth sharing, interesting pictures and photos (I'm a visual learner, you see), random musings - and anything else that happens to catch my eye or ear. It also acts as a kind of 'open experiment' in terms of developing my views and writing skills - and networking with other people of a like-mind.

If you've stumbled upon here randomly, then I suggest you check out my biography and other pages.

Please Note: This site, and the social networking profile pages connected with it, reflect my personal interests & views which do not necessarily represent those of organisations I am affiliated / associated with.

12/01/2012

Plainly Good TV

Two programmes I watched recently were 'When Bankers Were Good' from the BBC (which focuses in part on Quaker banking) and 'Living with the Amish' from Channel 4. In these troubling social and economic times we live in (I write this thinking, "when have they never not been troubling?"), both were relevant, thought-provoking - and inspirational - documentaries.

The BBC and Channel 4 both have a public-service remit and I think this is when we really see the benefits of that kind of media set-up. I was also pleased to see a positive programme about teenagers - one in which they weren't set up primarily for on-air conflict and scandal (like 'Jamie's Dream School', for example).

No comments: