Welcome to Life in 361˚. This blog is an 'open journal' - a space where I keep notes on bits & pieces I come across day-to-day - including books and articles I've read that I feel are worth sharing, interesting pictures and photos (I'm a visual learner, you see), random musings - and anything else that happens to catch my eye or ear. It also acts as a kind of 'open experiment' in terms of developing my views and writing skills - and networking with other people of a like-mind.

If you've stumbled upon here randomly, then I suggest you check out my biography and other pages.

Please Note: This site, and the social networking profile pages connected with it, reflect my personal interests & views which do not necessarily represent those of organisations I am affiliated / associated with.

05/06/2011

Ode to 'Ordinary' Things

“Science and art may invent splendid modes of illuminating 
the apartments of the opulent: 
but these are all poor and worthless 
compared with the common light 
which the sun sends into all our windows, 
which pours freely, 
impartially over hill and valley, 
which kindles daily the eastern and western sky;
and so the common lights of reason, and conscience, and love, 
are of more worth and dignity 
than the rare endowments which give celebrity to a few.”
 --William Channing, Unitarian Christian clergyman
.

1 comment:

Daniel said...

Thank you Matt. An important reminder of the simple wonders of the world around us and within our hearts. A good way to start the week.